PHP / MySQL / AJAX / Developer
(see below for Support Tech position)
We are looking for a multi-dimensional, detail oriented PHP, MySQL and AJAX developer to help with our interesting, high-visibility web projects. This is a full-time, on-site position. If you are not in the Northern New Mexico or St Augustine Florida, or are not willing to relocate, please do not apply for this job.
Working for Brownrice you'll likely improve your skills while working with a team of friendly and experienced programmers and systems administrators on projects that hundreds of thousands of users will use. While you'll be expected to follow the Brownrice best-practice development guidelines and meet deadlines, we will not micromanage you.
A few of our projects:
Our programmers are comfortable with multi-tasking, handling interruptions, and interacting with both technical and non-technical staff and clients.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3+ years of commercial PHP experience in a multi-programmer environment using object oriented code styles.
- 3+ years of commercial MySQL experience: write complex relational statements, joins, views, triggers, etc.
- Very strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Very strong debugging skills.
- Strong JQuery experience.
- Zend PHP Framework experience.
- Git, SVN, or other version control experience.
Things that might make you more appealing to us, but are not critical to the job:
- Linux Systems Administration experience.
- Technical Support experience.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Design and develop software components for online projects.
- Maintain and enhance existing systems.
- Communicate efficiently with other programmers, programming clients, testers and project managers.
- Solve problems, help with customer support, and end-user problems.
- Provide detailed and accurate estimates for projects both large and small.
This is a 40 hour per week employee position.
What is it like to work at Brownrice Internet?
Brownrice Internet, Inc. is a small, privately held programming and data center company located in Taos, New Mexico and St. Augustine, Florida. We are a profitable, debt-free company who values our well-spoken, funny, dedicated staff, and we promote normal, 9 to 5 work weeks.
In addition to paid time off, retirement benefits, and health insurance compensation, all full-time Taos office employees receive season ski passes at Taos Ski Valley ? And if there's fresh powder on the mountain we take the day off!
We are always looking for articulate, multi-dimensional, detail-oriented people who'd like to live one of our great locations and be paid well for their skills. Applicants should be comfortable with multi-tasking, handling interruptions, and interacting with both technical and non-technical clients.
Receive an email notification when jobs are available:
Web Hosting Support Tech: On-site position
Brownrice is looking for a friendly, detail-oriented Support Tech with web development experience, Linux server experience, and superior communication skills (both written and verbal), who is capable of working in a team environment and enjoys helping people solve technical problems.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay depending on skills and experience plus health benefits, paid vacation, retirement plan, and a ski pass (or equivalent bonus.)
The ideal candidate would have:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Linux, web servers, and open source databases.
- Experience in a technical support capacity specifically related to hosting.
- Experience with web site building using CMSs (Wordpress, Joomla, Expression Engine, etc.)
Typical duties might include:
- First-line tech support for our hosting clients: Email configuration, hosting set-up, and general troubleshooting via phone and email.
- Debugging customer issues with email programs, web site building, and billing.
- Identifying network and server bottlenecks and troubleshooting, optimizing, and reporting.
- Building servers in our on-site data center.
- Running network cables and building racks in our on-site data center.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Taos offices. If you do not live in Taos please do not apply.